The College has a modern Language Laboratory to aid in imparting language skills effectively. The Laboratory can be effectively utilized by students for various self-enhancement and soft skill development activities. Laboratory proves beneficial for those students who are poor in use of English language. Students who are generally weak in English can have sufficient auditory training in the language lab. It aims at confidence-building among students for interactions and presentations in English. The basic purpose of the lab is to provide students a platform to enhance English language skills, communication skills and to practice soft skills.
The main objectives of the Language Laboratory are:
- To equip the students with good communication skills.
- To emphasize the need of English in the technical world.
- To prepare them for interviews and future job environments.
- To train the students in the art of conversation and discussion.
Currently ETNL digital language lab software is installed in the lab which is server based and can be accessed over the intranet from any location in the college. The Software consists of one teacher module plus 25 student modules .Digital Language Lab is useful to enrich a student’s language learning experiences. Further, this revolutionary language lab is equipped with audio recording facilities which help a great mode of evaluation and feedback. By this self-evaluation of the students' performance, they can identify the areas that need to be improved or changed.
Following English language and communication skills related laboratory sessions can be conducted here:
- Grammar of English Language: Practice and Exercises
- Vocabulary Building Skills
- Active Listening Skills
- Introduction to Phonetic Sounds
- Reading Comprehension
- Business communication
- Oral Presentations (Self Introduction, Extempore, Public Speech, Formal Presentation, Use of AV Aids, etc.)
- Group Discussion (Unstructured & Structured )
- Preparation of & Appearing for the Interview
- Situational Conversations
- Understanding Importance of Body Language