Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, started in 1960, encompasses the various aspects of Electrical and Electronics fields. The department has sufficient number of academic and support staff, committed to teaching and training, and well equipped laboratories and library, meeting the requirements of students. The department is facilitated with an intake of 60 students. Each laboratory is equipped with instruments and equipments for teaching and learning. The Department has traditional and modern laboratories such as Machines Lab, Electric Workshop, Electronics Lab, Microcontroller and PLC Lab and CAD Lab. The Department also undertakes testing of electrical equipments, as a part of consultancy work.
Be an excellent technological center in electrical engineering having a strong learning environment, capable of making significant contributions towards sustainable development of society.
To impart knowledge in Electrical and related areas of Engineering so as to generate competent diploma engineers capable of meeting the challenges in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through pursuit of new knowledge and technology and to make them ethically sound to provide service to society.
- PEO1 : To mould competent diploma engineers by providing knowledge in basic science and mathematics and a strong foundation in electrical and electronics engineering in particular.
- PEO2 : To impart skill and practical ability to equip them for the installation of Electrical machines, supervision of power plants, power transmission and distribution systems equipped with modern techniques.
- PEO3 : To mould students with effective communication skills, professional ethics and team work capabilities.
- PEO4 : To generate confidence and leadership qualities in students to become entrepreneurs with an enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
- Basic and Discipline specific knowledge : Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- Problem analysis : Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- Design/ development of solutions : Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing : Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment : Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- Project Management : Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- Life-long learning : Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.